Friday, November 14, 2014

Five for Friday!


Happy Friday to Everyone!
       I am linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for my “Five for Friday”. It has been a busy week and only one more to go until break yeah!

       I finished my report cards and started conferences with parents. Our report cards are a new version to align with Common Core Standards. I used Google docs this year to have my parents sign-up. It worked great! I sent the link through email and posted it on my website. The parents were able to go to the page and sign-up!



       Working on Native Americans in social studies. We are reading and seeing how each region of Native Americans is effected by their environments. We also have been creating an interactive notebook on the Native Americans.


       My students had a test today on the capitals of the U.S. That is what I will be correcting this weekend. My students are always anxious to find out their scores so I try to grade them quickly.



       I joined “Project by Jen” for her annual Holiday Card exchange. I have done it before. It is fantastic! You have your class make 30 holiday cards and send them to all the classrooms in your group. You will, in return, receive 30 holiday cards for your class. My students loved receiving holiday cards from classes around the country (and a few from other countries).




       Finally, I am happy the new Student Council members at our school started the recycle program today. They are all trained and the custodian said they did a great job! Yeah!


1 comment:

  1. This year is flying! Only a week until your break. Here in Australia we have 5 weeks until summer break.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete