Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Currently November!


Happy November Everyone! I got my November Currently up today yeah!

Listening: to Big Bang Theory in the background. My hubby and I love this show. We have all the DVD’s, so we just rotate through them when we can’t find anything good on TV to watch. I am working on the computer while he watches. I find myself laughing as I listen.

Loving: the mock trial my students participated in today. We went down to the Federal Court and the students did a mock trial in a courtroom with lawyers, a court reporter, and a judge. It was fantastic! My kiddos were so attentive and they did such a great job! This was my first field trip there definitely going there next year.

Thinking: about grades. Our grading period ended on Halloween. So, now I have to start putting my grades together for report cards. Also, starting next week, I have conferences with parents. I have a few busy weeks ahead. Thirty conferences for thirty children.

Wanting: more time in my day. I am, like most of you, overwhelmed with all I have to do each week. From personal to teaching to needs and responsibilities. I love it, but if I only had an hour or two more in the day. Well, the good news is, it always gets done. Don’t ask me how.

Needing: to go shopping. I need to go to Costco tomorrow. I have several things I am out of in the house. Plus, this time of year, there are some good deals.

Reading: Memoirs. My students wrote memoirs this last month and now I have the fun job of grading them. The good news this is last assignment for me to grade and then I am completely ready to do report card grades excellent!

Thanks for stopping by! Visit Farley’s blog at Oh Boy 4th Grade to read others who have participated in the November Currently!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I have to work on my grades this weekend too. Conferences are in 2 weeks and I get next Monday as a teacher's day to just do report cards. BLEH! I hope yours are going better than mine. I have been sick with the flu last week so I need to get back in the grind of things!

    A LoveLi Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I also want more time in my day, and if i could have I'll spend it with my family and sleeping & writing maybe.

    Enjoy reading your student's work, i'm sure they're awesome! :)

    Have a wonderful November ahead!

    ♥ ♥ rachel ♥ ♥
    Teaching Melodies
    At the Other Side of Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I would give for more hours in the day! Isn't it funny how we aim to get everything done, just so we can finally start reports..sad lol
    How good is it that all the Christmas decorations are out already!! Have fun shopping :)

    Zoe x
    Have fun shopping :)

    ReplyDelete