Sunday, November 30, 2014

Currently December!

The holidays are here and I am so excited! I am linking up again with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for December Currently.


Listening: to “Christmas with the Kranks”. As my family is sitting here watching the movie, I am working on my website and blog. I am actually watching too. I don’t know about you, but I have trouble watching TV without doing something else. It is like, I get bored go figure. So I am usually doing something while I watch TV correcting papers, working on the computer, etc.

Loving: new carpet in my house. My husband and I are in an extended remodel. We made our three bedroom, two bathroom house into a six bedroom, 4 bathroom house. We just finished the tile floors and sealed them Thanksgiving morning. So, tomorrow the carpet is coming! I am overjoyed. I feel like I will have a “real house” now. We have been on concrete for two years. It just takes time and money, but at least it will only need minor details after the carpet goes in. Here is a picture of the newly sealed floor.


 Thinking: about the next 3 weeks. So much to do in school and out. At school, we have a Book Fair, toy drive, preparing auction item, and Holiday Party (and that is all on top of teaching). Then of course, there is shopping, decorating, and holiday parties.

Wanting: to start Holiday Cards tomorrow with my students. I am involved in the Holiday Card exchange with Projects by Jen. She does it every year. Each group has 30 teachers. Your class is to create and send out 30 holiday cards to all the people in your group. Then my class receives 30 holiday cards from classrooms around the country (sometimes the world). It is great to be involved in the project. She has other great projects during the year too. Check Jen out at Projects by Jen.

Needing: to figure out what I am teaching tomorrow. I enjoyed my week vacation so much, I am in denial about going back Ha! Ha! I know I am starting a new module in math and continuing activities for Daily 5. I am going to be doing a writing piece on Native Americans and a Weather Newscast project with my kiddos. But I haven’t ironed out the details. I am going to have to work on that after I do this post.


Giving: hope to family members. Unfortunately, my husband has an uncle who has cancer. We have decided to go visit them this holiday vacation in Albuquerque. Both my husband and I have each lost a parent to cancer. It is always a difficult time, so we want to go visit him and the family.

Happy Holidays to all!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow either and it's midnight! Ahhh! I figure I'll just get to school a little early tomorrow and figure it out. I have a general idea, but no firm plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree; I cannot sit & watch anything without doing something else! Bad habit! :) I love the card writing idea; I'll have to check out Jen! Your remodel sounds amazing, Karen! Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Christmas movies!! Doing the same here whenever I can. The Holiday card project sounds awesome. I LOVE your giving. I am spending my christmas the same way as my uncle has cancer. Definitely not easy, but so worth it. Glad I stopped by.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the December Currently! I need to do my xmas cards- I just ordered them. The photographer lost our family pictures so we had to use an old picture. Good luck for the next 3 weeks.
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete