Friday, February 13, 2015

Five for Friday

Happy Friday the 13th!
 I always have good luck on Friday the 13th. It is already starting off great because I have the day off. I love holidays!


I am linking up with Doodle Bug Teaching for Five for Friday.



First, I got my pictures back of my kiddos on the Star of India. We spend the night and pretended we were sailors for the night. What a great experience for my students.




Second, my students had a performance this week with the violin teacher. They did such a great job with only eight weeks of lesson (1 hour a week). Now we are on to the flute.



Third, my students have earned 100 100% on tests so far this year. So we celebrated their achievement by having a Hawaiian Party in February. Only in San Diego right? They moved all their desks and sat on beach towels. We had flower cupcakes and listened to Hawaiian music.
What a fun day!



Fourth, we finished the book Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry by Mildred D. Taylor. My students loved this book. It has a lot of themes and historical references to racism. It stirred up quite the conversations. It is great to see my students tackle difficult material.



Fifth, my students spent the week doing Valentine's Day Math Activities. They are a great way to review standards that they need to master this year.



Hopefully, all of you will have a nice President’s Day break (my daughter gets a whole week off lucky). Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog!






No comments:

Post a Comment