Sunday, October 26, 2014

Learning With Halloween Activities!

Halloween is only a few days away! It is so fun to see all the creative costumes the kids put together. My staff always coordinates our costumes and this year, we are all dressing as Waldo.
I am going to use my Halloween Activities - Across the Curriculum Packet this week and I wanted to share with you what fun things you can do for the holiday.


I always have a reading selection with questions and a vocabulary sheet. The story I am using is “The Headless Horseman” one of my favorites!


I have a list of books that are related to Halloween and they are all picture books so you have time to share more than one. I included a writing assignment where students write their own narrative. I have a list of writing prompts related to Halloween.


Math is always a subject I like. I wanted my students to review: standard, word, and expanded form, so I made candy corn math activities.


       For social studies, students can create a tombstone of someone famous. Then you can decorate your room with tombstones of famous people for your Halloween party.
       The science activity is done in two parts. The first part is to do a directed drawing of an eye. I dissect a cow’s eye every with the other 5th grade classes, so I did include the directions for the dissection as the second part. If you are up for that, it is all there for you. I know some of you will be just fine learning about the eye and drawing it.


       Finally, I have several fun activities for students to work on Halloween Day. I personally like the Mad Libs activity those are always so funny! I also have a word scramble and word search.



       Hopefully, you are inspired to do some fun activities across the curriculum this week for Halloween. I hope you all have a wonderful week and an even better Halloween!


1 comment: