Monday, September 1, 2014

First Day of School!


Tomorrow is my first day of school! I am teaching 5th grade this year. Here I am sitting in bed about to fall asleep and excited about tomorrow. A week ago, I returned to set up my classroom. I had bags everywhere after arranging the desks. I had to reorganize my library, put things away, and label all the supplies for the students. It doesn’t sound like much but it is!


On Saturday, I was able to leave with the pleasure of knowing I was all ready for Tuesday and I could enjoy my holiday too. Here are some pictures of my class room set up. 



I also decided to use binders for the students again this year. I have had more success with the binders. The folders were getting all bunched up in the desk. Plus the students would wrinkle the papers as they closed the folders. I label my binders with tabs for each subject Reading, Writing, Math, Social Studies, and Science. I feel I have a good handle on the binders after doing it for a year.


Well, good luck to those who are starting tomorrow! I know a lot of teachers have already started, so I hope all is going well for you too! I will be back next week to let you know how my first week went and the fun things we did.




No comments:

Post a Comment